Turtle's Progress

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane


As much as I have enjoyed the past two weeks with the Cobb family, tomorrow I will head east and back to my life. I know that anyone reading this who has ever had to leave a grandchild will know exactly how hard this is going to be. Sarah has gotten to know me and responds to my voice and presence as soon as I walk into the room (maybe she will miss me a little too?) I can't seem to get enough of her. Even if all I'm doing is watching her from across the room, or listening to her speak her own private language on the baby monitor. And watching Erin and Brent with her has been a delight. Brent comes home from work and her face beams at the first ssound of his voice. Erin talks to me from another room while I give Sarah her bottle and Sarah stops and turns her head to listen and wait for her mama to enter. This little family is in love and it has been wonderful to share in that love for the past 12 days.

Tomorrow it is back to reality. By Friday I will be back home. The "For Sale" sign will be back in the yard and I will need to start packing up the house for the big move. I'm excited about the prospect of getting all of that underway, but have enjoyed this two week interlude of playing with "my" baby!

3 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Sarah is so lucky to have you as her gramma. Someday she will look back and say "you travled all that way just to see me?"

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Terry,
You are so very fortunate to have had the time with your grandaughter, Sarah. Just reading your thoughts makes me sad for you, but happy also. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. Just remember...you have provided this for all, from the love and faith you have given to your girls.
Pictures, "do" speak a thousand words. Seeing the picture of you and your little Sarah, just reminds me of your love for her.

Call if you need to talk and cry on my shoulder, as that's what friends are for!

Happy Mother's Day!
Love You Lots...

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry,
After Erin's cajoling, I decided to comment! It was so great that you could come visit--just like Sarah expects to see you walk into her room every morning, I now expect to see you hanging out whenever we drop by the Cobb's house! I look forward to your next visit to Colorado, and you can rest assured that Sarah will be getting plenty of hugs and kisses in the mean time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home