Turtle's Progress

Monday, May 15, 2006

An Offer on the House

Yesterday we had an offer on the house. Tom just called them back and told them we would take it. It is only a bit less than our asking price but that is what we expected when we put it up for sale. It is contingent on the buyers selling their house in Florida but they certainly seem to want our house. They asked us not to put it on "For Sale By Owner.com" and said they would be putting all of the money in our hand when they sell their house. Another interesting thing about these buyers, apparently they talked with someone in Florida who had some sort of "vision"... this person told them that the house they found in Alabama would have columns in the front (check!), some sort of water in the back (pool, check!), a building in the back for a garden shed (check!), and a red kitchen (check!).... There are probably lots of houses in Anniston that would have those things but ours is the one they saw and they want!

So now I'm moving my focus from getting the house ready to sell to getting things packed up. I spent the first twenty years of my adulthood moving from dwelling to dwelling and trying hard to make each one a home. I know I'm up to the task! But in each one of my previous moves it was all done by professionals hired by the military. Sure, I had to get everything ready for the move but the actually packing and hauling was done by others. This time Tom and I are going to try to save some money and pack everything ourselves and then have the professionals move it all. I just suggested to him that maybe each time he works in Nashville and drives up from here for the week he should fill the car with the boxes we've packed and put them in a storage space up there. He thought it was a good idea so I guess next week we officially start moving up to Nashville. I'm looking forward to this new adventure!

On another note, I wish anybody "lurking" out there in the blogosphere would leave a comment. I would love to reconnect with family and friends and new friends who might be reading Turtle's Progress . I know that since Margaret read my blog at Uncle Chuck's memorial there might be some family that are reading it. Let me know. I hate that I couldn't be at the memorial to see family there but I'd like to be back in touch and the internet makes it pretty easy. All you have to do is click on the "comments" link (it says 2 comments, or 3 comments, etc), type what you want to say, sign it, click annonymous user if you don't have a blog of your own or don't want to create an account, and publish it! Love to hear from you!

7 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Well its about time you posted again. You know I check your blog everyday and I always leave a commet. I'm so happy your selling your house, I really need a new place to visit!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Honestly, I dont know how I feel about the house selling, I am so happy for you and Tom to start fresh in your own house, but also sad because of all the memories the house holds for me. Ill try not to be selfish and just be happy!:)
PS I agree, all the lurkers need to come out of hiding!

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you have buyer's. Just hope Bill and I can do the same. I too, want the new "Adventure!" We're together on this one Terry, emotions within about our homes and the memories we have. Just think about the new home you two will share and the lasting memories you and Tom will have. As the most important thing now is that you have each other and the rest will follow.
A new beginning and a life with your Tom.
I love you Terry....

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on selling your house. Weird about the vision, huh? I'm sure I haven't moved as many times as you, but my big splurge is hiring Merry Maids to clean up - it's a real treat and then I don't have to DITY move the vaccuum!
Liz N. in COS

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger A.K. said...

My parents just sold there house and we are moving only about 10 minutes down the road but to the house of their dreams... i know what you are going through! Kinda sad but its also time for the next phase! good luck~!

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats...but it makes me sad knowing you and Tom are leaving Anniston =(
I adore you both.

P.Cobb

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy Terry that you and Tom are moving on to a new house and new adventures. I felt honored you mentioned me in your blog. I hope more people are reading your blog..or emailing since the memorial. I got all kinds of complements on your writing about Chuck...I have never spoke in public..but I felt your tribute to Chuck should be heard. Jerry is taking Chuck's death very hard. Not only were they close as brothers, but best friends too..
I considered him my brother too.
He is greatly missed. Margaret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home