Turtle's Progress

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Little Sister


In December, after waiting for nearly five months, I was matched by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee with my new Little Sis. We were introduced in her home by our match coordinator, and I also met her mother and two younger sisters. After our meeting we headed to Starbucks for coffee/hot chocolate to get to know each other a little better.


C is a ten year old 5th grader whose parents are divorced. She loves school, reads at a 9th grade level, wants to be a teacher for the blind when she grows up and is a loving little girl. I feel absolutely blessed to be a part of her life.
And thankful that her mother enrolled her in this wonderful program

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Dave said...

that is so cool Terry!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

I’ve said it before and I'll say it again "that's one lucky little girl" and that comment comes from the very first little sister. Big sisters don't get any better than YOU....Darlin!!

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Joyce said...

Hey there,
I was so pleased when seeing your blog and you sharing your little, "sis!" I can see the bond and I know she will be forever thankful that you are in her life.
Can't wait to see more photos of the two of you and hear the many good times together.
Love you lots, my friend!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger erin said...

So excited for you both!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home