Turtle's Progress

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Six Things I'm Thinking About, Wednesday

1. I have deleted my Facebook account and decided to start blogging once again. We will see how this goes.


2. I love these kiddos. Even though they were sick for much of the weekend we had together, they had rallied on Sunday afternoon and I got these shots of them having fun in the backyard (thanks to grandad for setting up all the water toys). The giant globe sprays out water. I think I was showing them Alabama, Tennessee and Florida. Sarah only wanted to know where the volcanoes were.



3. I love our front porch (well, actually, I love our entire house) but today I'm highlighting the front porch. Where I just planted some geraniums that were on clearance from the Kroger Marketplace. Blooming plants add so much to the area. Come and sit a spell -- I'll make some sweet tea!

4. "Joan of Arcadia" is an awesome television show. I didn't watch it when it was on broadcast but cable has it now and I love it. The premise is based on the Joan Osbourne song "What if God were One of Us?" Great cast, stories, and humor. (But I'd still never want to go back to high school!)

5. Mary Chapin Carpenter has a new CD out. Amazing as always. "The Age of Miracles". Her music will always have a special place in my heart -- she was the soundtrack of my life during my single years (between marriages). Can't wait to see her live next month.
6. I can't figure out how to get the pictures to have space between them. Will save that for another day.


4 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Fashily said...

oooo...I love the porch and your cushions look great! Those are the ones you made right? To space your pics just click your cursor there and hit enter. Also, if you changer your blogger setting to "updated" version you can make bigger pics. So glad you are blogging again! Oh, that globe is so cool! where did you find it?

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger erin said...

Of course Sarah wanted to know where the volcanoes were! Thanks for taking such fabulous care of my sweet kiddos...and for keeping them safe from volcanoes! I love you mom! (don't delete FB!)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

I want to come sit on your front porch but can I trade in the tea for a Blue Moon with an orange please? Love that you're bloging again and love you:)

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous cheryl said...

Sorry we won't get to see you and & tom at the outdoor symphony concert tonight but I am on pins and needles waiting for my son and his sweet wife :) Love your photos...maybe Erin inherited some of her 'photography skills'??? Your home is really special filled with endearing objects that speak to those who enter your doors :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home