Turtle's Progress

Friday, June 04, 2010

Five Things I'm Thinking About, Friday

1. I admire older folks who decide to give the computer a try. My mom and dad are doing that, and thought they get confused sometimes, they like that it gets them connected with friends and family members in a new way. My neighbor, Carolyn, is also connected and just had me install a new printer so she can print coupons! Way to go neighbor!


2. Watching news about the gulf oil spill is so depressing. Even more depressing is that rather than bringing the country together to find a solution to keep these kinds of problems from happening again, it is all about politics and blame on all sides of the political spectrum. I remember sitting in my California high school and elementary school geography classes studying about the far away "Gulf of Mexico" and never thinking about it much. But now that I have lived in the south for nearly 20 years, and enjoyed many vacations on the white sands of that gulf, I'm deeply saddened by what is happening there. This pelican seems to be pleading, "Help us, please!"



3. I like sitting at the computer on my exercise balance ball. It is much more comfortable than the chair I usually use. I just took a picture using the timer function of me sitting on it. I will not be posting that picture! Little did I know how that ball can spread out one's a$$!


4. I have, unfortunately, rediscovered ice cream sandwiches. Ephraim and Sarah were supposed to eat the box I bought last weekend, but since they were sick.... The fortunate thing is that they are making them much smaller than when I was a kid.


5. So, I'm trying twitter since I've given up FB. I can be found at terlynwri. But I'm still learning how to do this!

6. Since I'm publishing this on Saturday, the title should be, Five Things I Thought About, Friday. Oh well.

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger erin said...

I want to see the picture...that's hilarious!

And I'm thrilled you're going to be on Twitter. I think you'll like it much more than FB.

As for ice cream sandwiches, try skinny cows. They're pretty big, taste good, no sweetener, and are only 140 calories. You can get a big box of them at costco.

Love you!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Twitter uh? Maybe I'll try it. I'm with Deed I'm gonna need to see that picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home