Turtle's Progress

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Red Thread

My daughter gave me the Lucy Kaplansky  CD "The Red Thread" after hearing an interview with the singer on NPR in 2004.  It was around mother's day and after the interview the sales skyrocketed.  You can hear the interview and a version of the title song here . 

I found a live version on youtube also.  You can hear it here .

A great song for generations of women learning to love from watching each other!  Get out your tissues!

"I'm the girl who learned to love from watching you." 

I've joined the linky party over at Lisa's Grandma's Briefs.  Check out the fun!!


7 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Grandma Kc said...

Thanks for the Kleenex warning -- it is very moving.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Joan Stommen said...

Wow....never heard of her, but this is so very touching. Thank you for sharing. Makes me miss my Mom.....but also reaffirms all that I am because of her!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Terry said...

So glad you enjoyed it Joan. She is an awesome artist!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Terry said...

I still tear up sometimes when I hear it.

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Lisa @ Grandmas Briefs said...

I got a Lucy Kaplansky CD years ago. It may even be the same one. I've not thought of it in years but will now be searching for it in my CD collection. After I get home from visiting my grandsons, that is. Thank you for the lovely version.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

One of my favorite songs!

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Lisa @ Grandma's Briefs said...

Back again to say thank you for linking this in the GRAND Social. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home