Turtle's Progress

Monday, July 12, 2010

Nine Things I'm Thinking About, Monday

1. Last night I stayed up until midnight. I do this at least once during any time Tom is out of town. I don't know why. I get started doing things in the evening and just keep on until done...

2. I was cleaning out some of my kitchen stuff. Not alot but some. I do this every once in awhile when I start feeling overwhelmed! I have had to start limiting my "focus" (I can hear my daughters saying, "what focus?") to certain things lest my entire house be decorated with a kitchen motif!

3. Cheryl and I went out to a new second hand consignment store last week and she found a set of three framed nature photographs -- 11 x 14 and professionally matted and framed -- they were perfect for our masterbath. I haven't done any decorating in that room so with that purchase I now have a theme to go with in there! Now I'm looking for about a four foot long wooden shelf to go above the towels to hold nature-themed items.


4. Craig wanted to bring his new "friend" up to meet us on his birthday weekend but we are leaving town that Sunday... I can't wait to meet this girl who is making him so happy!

5. Book group tomorrow is discussing Home to Harmony by Phillip Gulley. I borrowed it from Erin and Brent's library and had read it years ago when they lived in Colorado. It is just as good the second time around. We collect quotes from the books we have read and this one is full of great little tidbits like...

6. "Sometimes what we think we need isn't what we need at all, and what gets thrown in for good measure is that which fills our hearts."

7. "There's danger in thinking joy is a matter of location. If we can't find joy where we are, we probably won't find it anywhere."

8. "In the end, that is what we all must do. Stand where we feel led. Stand straight, stand tall, and try hard to remember that other folks might be led to stand elsewhere."

9. And finally, "Sometimes I feel like I'm sitting at God's table and I've just finished one piece of blessing, and God smiles and says, "Here, Sam, have another."

3 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

I like #6 thanks for sharing

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger erin said...

"Here Sam, have another." So beautiful. So true.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

Hey, I'm confused. If Cheryl found the framed pictures, how did you get them?
Love you lots....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home