Turtle's Progress

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Four Things I'm Thinking About, Thursday

1. I love going to thrift stores. I know, I know, all three of you who read this already know that. But the thing I wish I could know is the background history of some of the items I find. It would be so cool to know who's great-aunt originally owned some of the items, whose father made what, which grama crocheted the doilies. But that goes with the territory of thrifting -- not knowing. Here's what I found today:

This little chest is made from the drawers of an old pedal sewing machine cabinet. Whoever made it did a wonderful job -- I think it's pretty cool and just fits in this space next to the electronics. I like the vintage/modern contrast.

I love this little cream pitcher. I think it is Fostoria with a silver base. It's small -- like four inches tall but so sweet.

2. Just got back from Cages Bend campground for a short visit with my buddy, Cheryl, and her family. It was nice to spend some time with them. Her son and daughter-in-law are in the process of moving from California to Arizona and have been out here visiting for two weeks. Unfortunately, they all also got in on the "chiggers" from the jazz concert last Sunday....




3. Tom left this morning for a week long stay in California. The first few days aren't so bad, but I sure do miss him after four or five days have passed.

4. Tomorrow night my BBBS little sister is going to spend the night with me. We have been wanting to have a "sleep-over" for awhile but had to be matched for six months before we could. Should be fun!!

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

Wow, great finds, with purcasing the small pitcher, but most of all the unique box...why on earth would one want to part with that!
Glad you had a good time with friends.
Tell us about you sleep-over....looking forward to that!
Love you lots...

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi Terry,
I'm a blog-friend of Erin and was hoping to email you about asking permission to link to your first guest post on Erin's blog; I run a site called Write.Click.Scrapbook. and we're focusing on family collaboration projects this week, and I was just moved by that post. Would that be OK? You can email me at elizabeth at mac dot com if it is. The post will be ready to go live tomorrow, so no worries if you don't happen to see this before then! Thank you! : )

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Yep you are "Queen Thrifter". I love how you can see things beyond what they are and that everyone else would think of as junk. I wish I had that gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home