Turtle's Progress

Monday, June 14, 2010

Six Things I'm Thinking About, Monday

1. It's HOT here in the south these days! 93 degrees with heat index of 100! Whew! I just spent a few hours on the screened porch with the fans on, but now I'm raising the white flag and coming in to the AC!


2. Tom and I went garage-saling Saturday morning. Nothing to show for our miles other than a coffee thermos for him and a book for me. It was hot then too! I felt sorry for the people selling -- they were all moving their wares from the driveway into the garages!


3. Last week I got this lamp at Goodwill. It was a cream color trimmed in gold and pretty ugly. I watched it sitting on the shelf for a few weeks. It's very heavy ceramic and I love the lines. So after paying $2.50 on half price day, I brought it home, cleaned it up and grabbed this great spray paint color. I love my "new" lamp for the porch! And a big shout-out to my wonderful hubby for running and stapling an extension cord under the deck so we can now have light on this side of the porch.



4. I spent Saturday afternoon with my BBBS Little Sister. C and I went shopping at Kohl's for her belated birthday gifts -- summer clothes! She had definite likes and dislikes and it was fun helping her coordinate some outfits. We then had lunch at SteakNShake before heading back to her house. Oh, and a quick stop at the Goodwill where we found her a really cute denim skirt to add to the birthday loot!!


5. My family in California spent two days last week cutting down some huge juniper trees at the side of my parents' house. My mom planted them shortly after they moved in over 45 years ago. They provided lots of shade on the deck but the root system was in danger of damaging the foundation of the house. Wish I had been there to help them all out. You can see pictures of all the work they did on my sister's blog here. My mom's yard was always so beautiful and she loved taking care of her plants and flowers but she can no longer do that so the yard is being changed to something more manageable.

6. I noticed on my site meter that I hit 10,000 visitors yesterday. That person is in Canada and came to my blog by way of my sister's and I have no idea who it could be. 10,000 sounds like a lot but when you consider I have had this blog since April of 2006, it's not such a big deal. But I'm enjoying so that is the important thing!

2 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger erin said...

Yay for your 10,000th visitor...and an international one at that!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

OMG I'm loving that lamp but I would love it more if it was green or red. I've never been big on blue. FYI I love reading your blog I get to read about all those things we forget to talk about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home