Turtle's Progress

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Three Things I'm Thinking About, Sunday

1. We sang this hymn in church today. I especially like this verse:


Lead on, O King eternal,
Till sin’s fierce war shall cease,
And holiness shall whisper
The sweet amen of peace.
For not with swords’ loud clashing,
Nor roll of stirring drums;
With deeds of love and mercy,
The heavenly kingdom comes.


-Ernest Shertleff (from "Lead on, O King Eternal,
written in 1888)


2. Left my egg sandwich breakfast on the arm of the Adirondack chair on the porch this morning to go in and get some cantaloupe to have with it. When I came back Cali had snatched the top half of the English muffin and was enjoying it!


3. Just finished "Pigs in Heaven" for book group on Tuesday -- great book, heartwarming, funny, lots of info about Cherokee family structure. I liked it. One of the main characters is a little girl named Turtle. That added to my enjoyment.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger erin said...

I love that hymn! We attended both of our church services this morning so we got to sing both the new songs and the oldies. I miss singing the great hymns of the church every Sunday.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Save that book for me please it sounds like something I might like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home