Turtle's Progress

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Seven Things I'm Thinking About, Thursday

1. Just came back from the neighbors' for birthday cake and ice cream. Marv turned 75 today and all three of their kids from Michigan drove down to surprise him for the weekend. They are a fun family that obviously love each other and their parents. It was nice to spend some time with them before we make the trek up to Michigan tomorrow to the same county they just came from! They must have brought some cool weather with them -- it only hit 85 today!

2. Today has felt like Saturday all day long. Tom got back yesterday and is off today so it seems like Saturday. But it's not and now we have a long long weekend ahead of us -- yeah!

3. Charlotte called this morning after opening her package from us. When I asked her what she got for her birthday that was special (thinking she would tell me about her new kitty from her mom and dad) she said, "Flip flops!" They were in with the package of goodies we sent -- guess they were a hit! I hate missing my grandkiddos birthdays....

4. We are taking "Big Betty" to Michigan tomorrow. I told Tom that instead of figuring miles per gallon with this truck, I'm using the miles per dollar figure -- we get six miles to the dollar and it's a 600 mile trip, and gas is more expensive the further north we go... Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it!

5. Zaxby's now has fried dill pickles on their menu.

6. One of Tom's counterparts from the agency in California gave him a gift for all the help Tom has give him over the past few years. It's a $75 bottle of Merlot. I can't wrap my mind around a $75 bottle of wine but I'm looking forward to having some.

7. Persons Unknown is a summer replacement show on NBC. It is very strange so far and a bit intriguing. More importantly when it comes to TV this summer is The Closer is starting new episodes on July 12th! That is one of my favorites!

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger erin said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip! Happy Birthday Mr. Marv!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home