Turtle's Progress

Monday, June 28, 2010

Six Things I'm Thinking About, Monday

1. Got up at 6:00 this morning and was headed to Huntsville by 7:00. Arrived to hugs and kisses from my girl and grandkiddos at about 9:30. Had been nearly a month since I'd seen them and I was missing some grama hugs!

2. We headed to their neighborhood pool a short time later and I was in awe as I watching Sarah jump in the pool again and again and swim (swim!!) to her mommy! She had lessons earlier in the month and was using all the skills she learned! I forgot my camera so didn't get any pics of my little polywog!

3. But I did get some later in the afternoon after Ephraim's nap. Here they are busy with some water play. E tired of washing the dishes in the wheelbarrow and thought sitting in it would be much more fun... And Sarah was channeling her gardening Grama Dixie as she watered the flowers...






4. I stayed for dinner and Sarah offered the prayer. Sweetest prayer I've heard in a long time. "Thank you, God, for this beautiful world you made. I don't know how to thank you enough it is so beautiful. Help Grama have a safe drive home to her cozy home. Amen" Here I am safe and sound, God must have been listening!

5. While my car was parked in front of Erin and Brent's house a man backing out the driveway across the street hit my headlight blinker on the driver side! Made it home right after dark, the headlights are working but the blinker portion is now hanging out of the socket. Guess it will be going into the shop tomorrow!

6. Got Charlotte's birthday gift in the mail. This will be the first time that I miss not being there for at least within a couple weeks of her birthday. Sometimes being this far away really sucks!

3 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Blogger erin said...

Thanks SO much for coming today mom. SO sorry about your headlamp. Ugh. You're the best mom ever and I love you so much.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Fashily said...

sounds like so much fun! I cant believe Sarah is swimming! what a big girl...

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Fashily said...

look at those two blondies! I miss them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home