Turtle's Progress

Monday, July 26, 2010

Five Things I'm Thinking About, Monday

1. Missed a call from Charlotte this morning. She left me a sweet message. "Hi, how you doing? How's Cali? Yeah, we're going to work. I love you, bye." She went to work with her mommy this morning and I did call her back and talk some but I think I'll save this message -- sweet little four year old voice!

2. Saturday Tom and I ventured down to Nashville to check out the table I found on Craigslist. It was perfect and I'm working at it right now. Here are some pictures. The original Craigslist pics showed it as being blond so I was really excited to see this nice dark stain that goes so well with the rest of my stuff in this corner of the house!






3. Here's a picture of the crappy old folding table we used to have here.


4. Saturday afternoon we went to a pool party about a mile from our house. It was nice to be able to get in and out of the pool over the course of that HOT afternoon! The pool was about the size of the one we had at our house in Anniston. Some times it was, indeed, nice to have a pool in the back yard (this summer would probably count for that!) but for the most part it was a pain in the a$$! We were glad to enjoy the cool (well, tepid) water and not have to worry about caring for the pool!

5. I've started watching the reruns this summer of "The Good Wife". It has a good storyline about corrupt (is there any other kind) politician who goes to jail and how is wife and family carry-on during that time. Wife (Julianna Margulies) gets a job and works on keeping her teen-age kids grounded. Her cases as a lawyer at large law firm are the main stories each week, with her private life being the back story.

3 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Fashily said...

wow, that table is beautiful!!! so much better:)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Love the new table!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Lori Grimes said...

Knock, Knock, Knock, Hello anyone home at this blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home